It has been a while since I posted anything personal, a writing prompt, or interacted I’ve been caught up with working on Conscious Talk Magazine and the next co-authored book with Didi, and I’ve been away. Sorry! That said, today I learned I’m an award winning author, with your votes for A Stranger In France my novel made it to the final! Thank you, thank you and thank you it claimed the title Best Romance 2017 by Virtual Con Fantasy Literary Awards. I never had a chance to drum up much support for the final as I was out of the UK for the week of voting, but I’m happy with my award with the votes I had while I was away. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I never imaged I’d ever claim such a title for my work, or be able to say “I’m an award winning author” in my bio. It’s a dream come true, I worked hard and enjoyed writing all 90,000 words of my first ever romantic suspense novel A Stranger In France.
As you know guys, my romantic suspense novel A Stranger In France has been nominated for the award, “Best Romance Novel 2017.” I found out today, this is so amazing just to be considered for such an award. I was in the lead, now I’m neck and neck in second place ,just seven votes under the present author… WHO IS TEAM KIM? GIMMIE YOUR VOTE! I’D LOVE IT.
Click me to vote.
Over my holiday last week, I was away from my blog but I was thinking about it a lot! Especially the 3 awards I have received for it so far.The last one I received is a really special one to me ” versatile blogger.” I interpreted this as versatile writer ! Which for me is amazing as I write in 2 very different genres. I HAVE to be versatile and it’s nice to know that so far, I have managed to achieve this due to feedback from a reader with the award.
On the other hand, awards are great, I love participating with you all and answering questions so you can get to know me, and of course nominating other blogs I think are great, It’s all great fun. But I’m here as a writer/author first, on holiday I thought about the direction I would like my author’s website to go in after my first book is released, so I’ve decided to become an award free blog, comments, likes and interaction/conversation are really cool with me and more than enough.
I plan to continue to do as many writing challenges as I can, those of you who have been following know I hunt out 1 or 2 each week and blog a poem or short story according to the challenge prompt. I love participating in this way, I’m on the look out for more bloggers which post them for others to participate, I also plan to continue writing personal writing posts, and of course updating you on my book(s) and magazine publications, and writing about my random thoughts and feelings on life. I also plan to interact, get to know and have fun with all of you! Nothing changes in that respect.
Thank you for the awards I have received so far, thank you for considering me for them. As of the 7th August 2016 www.kimknightauthor.com is now award free!
Romance/Suspense & Crime Fiction Author
I’m actually rather honoured to be nominated for this award. I write random things, make stories up from a few word prompts some using experience, some by just being creative or getting into another character’s head, or point of view. Thank you Eddaz for this nomination , as a creative writer across two genres before ” blogger” this one means a lot to me.
7. Random Facts About Me
- I’ve travelled/ had a lot of holidays. I’ve been lucky to go to quite a few counties but I’ve never had a holiday in the UK. This week for the first time in my 33 years I will visit the coast for a few days for a holiday.
- My first book to be published next month, was originally due to be my second completed book. This was the goal I set. I was working on a crime fiction story ( still am), life or the universe had other plans for me and lined up a publishing contract for the romance suspense story. I’m yet to complete my crime book… I will but I have been so engrossed in the romance genre.
- Before anything, I’m a mother and extremely proud and happy about this fact. I can’t and won’t imagine life without my son.
- I love the water, I don’t mind if it’s the pool, sea, lake, pound I just really like being near it. One of my favourite places in the world is the beach I just wish in the UK a sand one was nearer to London and not a 3 hour train ride away.
- I paint my nails and toes once a week without fail, chipped polish and horrible feet are a pet hate of mine also plain nails. I like bold colours for summer and dark vampy colours for winter. That said this week I have on a dark ” ink blue” and it’s summer!
- I speak French to an intermediate level
- At least once a month I write a letter to a friend overseas- yes I have pen friends.
Blogs I nominate:
A lot of them I follow are award free but I’ll go with
MiracleGirl- I love the versitile writing challenges
Opinionated Man- versatile in what he writes about, love, the world, race anything goes!
Harlem ATL- interesting reading lots of different things to look over
E. Denise Billups- interesting reading also, not often you get a writer who writes books and health stuff!
Thank you for the nomination, this one really means a lot.
I’m very new to the whole world of WordPress but I was nominated by a fellow blogger for an award ( Liebster Award) which requires me to give 11 random facts about me. So in response thank you to May K Hella for nominating me and here are some facts.
- I LOVE letter writing and snail mail, I have around 14 female penpals in the following countries USA, Canada, France, Germany, Brazil, UK, Australia, Austria. Right now I have 5 letters to write and send to Brazil, USA, UK , France and Germany.
- I’m a stationery collector and have a very unhealthy relationship with it LOL I buy way more than I’ll use in a life time but I just can’t help it.
- For the last 4 days I’ve had a really soar arm and swollen hand, to the point that I wasn’t able to hold a pen or type well. This morning my son grabbed my arm playfully and pulled it really really hard . I screamed a lot of obscene language ( not at my boy at the pain and promptly told him not to repeat mama) and all of a sudden my arm feels back to normal, I can type. No need for a Dr’s appointment tomorrow.
- I’m upset over the UK’s exit from the EU, personally I’d like to stay in.
- Green is my fav colour.
- I can sew and make clothes.
- If I was not a teacher I think my ideal job would be a make-up artist or fashion designer or even a simple dress maker.
- My fav classic books are To Kill a Mocking Bird and Jane Eyre.
- I speak French ( well I try to!).
- For my next book idea I want to work on a crime fiction story I’ve had in my head for almost a year.
- I’m a member of a book club here in London. Well I run it to be honest.
And that is me! 11 random facts.