Over my holiday last week, I was away from my blog but I was thinking about it a lot! Especially the 3 awards I have received for it so far.The last one I received is a really special one to me ” versatile blogger.” I interpreted this as versatile writer ! Which for me is amazing as I write in 2 very different genres. I HAVE to be versatile and it’s nice to know that so far, I have managed to achieve this due to feedback from a reader with the award.
On the other hand, awards are great, I love participating with you all and answering questions so you can get to know me, and of course nominating other blogs I think are great, It’s all great fun. But I’m here as a writer/author first, on holiday I thought about the direction I would like my author’s website to go in after my first book is released, so I’ve decided to become an award free blog, comments, likes and interaction/conversation are really cool with me and more than enough.
I plan to continue to do as many writing challenges as I can, those of you who have been following know I hunt out 1 or 2 each week and blog a poem or short story according to the challenge prompt. I love participating in this way, I’m on the look out for more bloggers which post them for others to participate, I also plan to continue writing personal writing posts, and of course updating you on my book(s) and magazine publications, and writing about my random thoughts and feelings on life. I also plan to interact, get to know and have fun with all of you! Nothing changes in that respect.
Thank you for the awards I have received so far, thank you for considering me for them. As of the 7th August 2016 www.kimknightauthor.com is now award free!
Romance/Suspense & Crime Fiction Author
I’m actually rather honoured to be nominated for this award. I write random things, make stories up from a few word prompts some using experience, some by just being creative or getting into another character’s head, or point of view. Thank you Eddaz for this nomination , as a creative writer across two genres before ” blogger” this one means a lot to me.
7. Random Facts About Me
- I’ve travelled/ had a lot of holidays. I’ve been lucky to go to quite a few counties but I’ve never had a holiday in the UK. This week for the first time in my 33 years I will visit the coast for a few days for a holiday.
- My first book to be published next month, was originally due to be my second completed book. This was the goal I set. I was working on a crime fiction story ( still am), life or the universe had other plans for me and lined up a publishing contract for the romance suspense story. I’m yet to complete my crime book… I will but I have been so engrossed in the romance genre.
- Before anything, I’m a mother and extremely proud and happy about this fact. I can’t and won’t imagine life without my son.
- I love the water, I don’t mind if it’s the pool, sea, lake, pound I just really like being near it. One of my favourite places in the world is the beach I just wish in the UK a sand one was nearer to London and not a 3 hour train ride away.
- I paint my nails and toes once a week without fail, chipped polish and horrible feet are a pet hate of mine also plain nails. I like bold colours for summer and dark vampy colours for winter. That said this week I have on a dark ” ink blue” and it’s summer!
- I speak French to an intermediate level
- At least once a month I write a letter to a friend overseas- yes I have pen friends.
Blogs I nominate:
A lot of them I follow are award free but I’ll go with
MiracleGirl- I love the versitile writing challenges
Opinionated Man- versatile in what he writes about, love, the world, race anything goes!
Harlem ATL- interesting reading lots of different things to look over
E. Denise Billups- interesting reading also, not often you get a writer who writes books and health stuff!
Thank you for the nomination, this one really means a lot.
I’m very new to the whole world of WordPress but I was nominated by a fellow blogger for an award ( Liebster Award) which requires me to give 11 random facts about me. So in response thank you to May K Hella for nominating me and here are some facts.
- I LOVE letter writing and snail mail, I have around 14 female penpals in the following countries USA, Canada, France, Germany, Brazil, UK, Australia, Austria. Right now I have 5 letters to write and send to Brazil, USA, UK , France and Germany.
- I’m a stationery collector and have a very unhealthy relationship with it LOL I buy way more than I’ll use in a life time but I just can’t help it.
- For the last 4 days I’ve had a really soar arm and swollen hand, to the point that I wasn’t able to hold a pen or type well. This morning my son grabbed my arm playfully and pulled it really really hard . I screamed a lot of obscene language ( not at my boy at the pain and promptly told him not to repeat mama) and all of a sudden my arm feels back to normal, I can type. No need for a Dr’s appointment tomorrow.
- I’m upset over the UK’s exit from the EU, personally I’d like to stay in.
- Green is my fav colour.
- I can sew and make clothes.
- If I was not a teacher I think my ideal job would be a make-up artist or fashion designer or even a simple dress maker.
- My fav classic books are To Kill a Mocking Bird and Jane Eyre.
- I speak French ( well I try to!).
- For my next book idea I want to work on a crime fiction story I’ve had in my head for almost a year.
- I’m a member of a book club here in London. Well I run it to be honest.
And that is me! 11 random facts.