Thank you E Denise Billups for nominating me, my 2nd one! Here are the answers to your questions
Do you have a summer reading list? And if yes, what are you currently reading?
– My reading list is always long, right now I am reading The Saffron Trail and I also want to read Letters to the Lost.
How do you discover your books?
– Mainly via my book club, or on Goodreads or Amazon
Who are your favorite authors?
– loads! But I really like Diane Chamerbain, Chimanda Nigozi Adichi, Martina Cole, Khalid Hosseni, Jo Jo Moyes, Stephen King the list is endless.
What is your e-reading device of choice? Or do you prefer a paperback/hardcover?
– I actually really like the feel and smell of paperbacks, but I do read on my tablet also.
Have you ever wanted to write a book? If so, what genre?
– Yes! Finally done it. Crime and romance are my thing.
What is the greatest joy of writing for you?
-Expression, getting into the head of other characters, being creative, the challenge.
Describe your desk?
– I have a big vase of long stemmed Lillies, a radio, books and note pads on the kitchen table where I am now writing. Oh and a vision board hung above.
Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing?
– Grew up in London, it influences my writing with the settings I use and the multicultural characters just like London. I tend to use some of the meanest streets in London as setting when I am writing crime.
What inspires you to get out of bed each day?
– my 2 year old son, he is so handsome, funny, and bubbly.
What’s your favorite hobby?
– fashion design/sewing, make -up artistry practice, and any form of dance.
What do you think is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you even if they know you extremely well?
– humm that one day I’d love to live somewhere else other than London, preferably by a beach/water.
I think most other blogs I follow are award free!
Sascha Darlington nominated me for a Liebster. Thank you so much, Sascha!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Nominate 11 deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
Here are the questions:
1. What’s the first book you remember reading and/or liking?
The Bluest Eyes by Toni Morrison
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
I’ve read so many of the classics as a child. They’ve all had some impact on me. But I would have to say Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eyes stands out vividly. I read her novel when I was eleven-years-old. I remember the emotions I felt for the character and her personal struggles as a young black child growing up in a racist society. It’s been a while since I’ve read this book and I may have to revisit…
View original post 707 more words