So it’s the eve before New Years Eve (for me in my part of the world). I have no idea what I want to write, all I know is I want to say thank you. I’ll just write what comes to mind to you all. This time of year I always get so reflective (even more than I normally am as a person), I look back and think what have I learned, gained, lost, survived etc. But most of all I always ask myself what I am grateful for? The answer to this is you! Yes, you reading this, you make my list of gratitude.
I started blogging in 2016, just before my first novel A Stranger In France was about to be released. I did it just on a whim as I read ‘ that’s what authors do’ I had no clue what I was doing, but I started to have a lot of fun, I have connected with so many great people that I would not have, if it were not for WordPress. Over the past year and a bit my blog has grown, I’ve grown as a person, writer, mother and I want to thank:
- Anyone who reads this.
- Every Twitter, FB and blog follower.
- Anyone who has liked or shared my rambles and posts.
- Everyone who has read and reviewed anything I’ve wrote.
- Every one who has read or even taken an interest in my writing and stories.
- Every single one of you who voted for me and my work in the summer ,when my novel was nominated for the award ‘ Best Romance 2017’ by Virtual Con Literary Awards. I can’t believe I was even nominated, let alone managed to claim that title!!
- A personal big thank you to my writing buddy, co-author and girlfriend from afar place Suspense and Thriller author Didi Oviatt. Who I love to bits.
- Every author I that has allowed me to interview them for Meet The Author features. It’s be an honour to feature you all.
- I am not religious much more spiritual, but I do ‘believe’ if that makes sense in some kind of universe power and higher being, that guides and protects us. I want to say thank you universe, for giving me such a challenging but rewarding year in 2017. And lining up things so that as of next year I can spend more of my time doing what I love writing!!
- I want to thank my mum. She is the most strongest, kindest, and most understanding and supportive being I know. I’m the daughter of an immigrant,she left the Caribbean then came to the UK with nothing! But has shown me exactly what you can achieve with hard work. Even when your back is up against the wall and the shit has more than hit the fan. Thanks Mum.
- I want to thank my four year old boy. 🙂 ahhh! That boy, he makes me smile so much. He has changed my life so much for the better. I can’t even imagine life without him he is my #1 thing I am grateful for, up there with my health.
So, that’s the end of 2017…. I can’t say I’m sorry to say good bye to it, it has been a very challenging year for me personally, but fantastic for writing. All though personally I don’t think I was as productive as I would have liked to have been. But like I said on the eve of New Years Eve, I look back and would not change it. I’m pumped up for 2018……. so what’s next.
- Finish writing volume #2 of The Suspenseful Collection for January release.
- Go back and finish writing ‘ Once Bitten, Twice Shy’ book #3 of my Romance Set In Paradise series. Hopefully release this the end of February 2018. Try to write one or two more short stories for my Romance in The City series. First book released this month! First two chapters uploaded as a preview.
- Go back and finish writing my full thriller novel. I have named it but I’m not gonna share it in case I change it last moment. I say this because I started writing this thriller before I wrote A Stranger in France about three- four years ago. I’ve chopped it, re wrote it, chopped it, switched it up tooooooooooo many times to be happy. Now I think I am happy, with about seven chapters finally! I hope to be done with it by spring/ summer 2018. Stay tuned. 🙂
- I’ll let the cat out of the bag on this one, Didi and I already have volume #3 of the Suspenseful Collection outlined…. an all female line up! The kind of women?? I won’t share that as yet… stay tuned!! This one is going to be amazing to write with her.
2018 looks set to be a year of ‘ The Productive Writer’ I’m happy to say!
Happy New Year each and every one of you. May 2018 be full of blessings, prosperity, goal achieving, happiness and good health. Thank you for your support in 2017.